Molybdenum Carbide Powder
We produce and stock customizable molybdenum carbide (Mo2C, MoC) powders providing high hardness, corrosion resistance, and thermal stability.
- Wear surface (wear resistant) parts and coatings. Parts and coatings that undergo fretting, abrasion, cavitation, and particle erosion.
- Fuel Cell Catalyst. Fine molybdenum carbide powder is deposited on a carbon structure and used as a catalyst to facilitate the redox reaction in a hydrogen fuel cell.
- Thermal Spray Process - Plasma Spray. Molybdenum carbide powders can be plasma sprayed to form hardface coatings on surfaces requiring increased corrosion resistance and wear resistance.
- Molar Mass: 203.89 g/mol
- Density: 8.9 g/cm3
- Melting Point: 2690°C
- Hardness: 1800 Knoop
- Vickers Hardness: 15.5-24.5 GPa
- Young's Modulus: 535 GPa
- Thermal Conductivity: 21.5 W/m·°C
- Molar Mass: 107.95 g/mol
- Density: 9.15 g/cm3
- Melting Point: 2577°C