Zirconium Carbide Powder
We produce and stock customizable zirconium carbide (ZrC) powders providing high hardness, low coefficient of friction surface finish, high thermal shock resistance, high temperature stability, and high wear resistance.
Zirconium carbide, Zirconium (IV) carbide, zirconium monocarbide
- Wear surface (wear resistant) parts and coatings. Parts and coatings that undergo fretting, abrasion, cavitation, and particle erosion.
- Additives. Our zirconium carbide powder is added to other sintered carbides to inhibit grain growth during pressing and sintering.
- Chemical/Physical Vapor Deposition (CVD/PVD). Zirconium carbide coatings are deposited by CVD or PVD to provide high hardness and wear resistant surfaces.
- Powder Metallurgical (P/M). Zirconium carbide powders are pressed into parts through hot or cold pressing and sintering.
- Molar Mass: 103.24 g/mol
- Density: 6.73 g/cm3
- Melting Point: 3540°C
- Boiling Point: 5100°C
- Hardness: 2100 Knoop Hardness
- Young's Modulus: 430 GPa
- Poisson's Ratio: 0.25
- Thermal Conductivity: 25 W/m·°C
- Appearance: gray powder