Niobium Carbide Powder
We produce and stock customizable niobium carbide (NbC) powders providing extreme hardness, extreme wear resistance, high melting point, and high chemical stability.
Niobium carbide, niobium monocarbide, niobium (IV) carbide
- Wear surface (wear resistant) parts and coatings. Parts and coatings that undergo fretting, abrasion, cavitation, and particle erosion such as cutting tools, grinding tools, agricultural tools, and hardface coatings.
- Additives. Niobium carbide powders are used by our customers as grain growth inhibitors in steels.
- Thermal Spray Process . Niobium carbide powders can be thermal sprayed to form hardface coatings on surfaces requiring increased wear resistance.
- Powder Metallurgical (P/M). Niobium carbide powders are pressed into parts through hot pressing and sintering.
- Molar Mass: 104.917 g/mol
- Density: 7.82 g/cm3
- Melting Point: 3490°C
- Boiling Point: 4300°C
- Young's Modulus: 452 GPa
- Shear Modulus: 182 GPa
- Poisson's Ratio: 0.227
- Appearance: gray powder