Hafnium Carbide Powder
We produce and stock customizable hafnium carbide (HfC) powders providing extreme hardness, high wear resistance, high chemical resistance, and high heat resistance.
Hafnium carbide, hafnium (IV) carbide
- Wear surface (wear resistant) parts and coatings. Parts and coatings that undergo fretting, abrasion, cavitation, and particle erosion.
- Additives. Our hafnium carbide powder is widely used as an additive for cemented carbide products.
- Thermal Spray Process - Plasma Spray. Hafnium carbide powders are plasma sprayed to form hardface coatings on surfaces requiring increased wear resistance.
- Powder Metallurgical (P/M). Hafnium carbide powders are pressed into parts through hot pressing and sintering.
- Molar Mass: 190.54 g/mol
- Density: 12.7 g/cm3
- Melting Point: 3890°C
- Boiling Point: 4600°C
- Electrical Resistivity: 37-45 µΩ·cm
- Hardness: 2300 kg/mm2
- Poisson's ratio: 0.18
- Young's Modulus: 350-510 GPa
- Thermal Conductivity: 22 W/m·°C
- Specific Heat: 0.20 J/g·K
- Appearance: black powder