Aluminum Nitride Powder
We produce and stock customizable aluminum nitride (AlN) powders providing excellent electrical insulating, high thermal conductivity, and a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
Aluminum nitride, aluminum (III) nitride
- Composite Ceramics. Parts including evaporation boats, thermally conductive filler for polymers, electrical insulation for electronic components, and crucibles for molten metal.
- High thermally conductive ceramics. Aluminum nitride is used for its thermally conductive properties in LED lighting cooling elements, heat sinks, efficient heat exchange systems, refractories, ceramic armor, and opto-electronics.
- Thermal Spray Process . Aluminum nitride powders can be thermal sprayed to form electrically insulating and thermally conductive coatings.
- Chemical/Physical Vapor Deposition (CVD/PVD). Aluminum nitride coatings are deposited by CVD or PVD to provide electrically insulating and thermally conductive coatings.
- Powder Metallurgical (P/M). Aluminum powders are pressed into parts by hot or cold pressing and sintering.
- Molar Mass: 40.99 g/mol
- Density: 3.26 g/cm3
- Melting Point: 2200°C
- Boiling Point: 2517°C
- Hardness: 1100 kg/mm2
- Young's Modulus: 330 GPa
- Thermal Conductivity: 140-180 W/m·°C
- Specific Heat: 780 J·kg/K
- Appearance: gray powder