Titanium Nitride Powder
We produce and stock customizable titanium nitride (TiN) powders providing high hardness, low coefficient of friction surface finish, high wear resistance, and excellent oxidation/corrosion resistance.
Titanium nitride, titanium mononitride, tinite
- Wear surface (wear resistant) parts and coatings. Parts and coatings that undergo fretting, abrasion, cavitation, and particle erosion such as drill bits, fan blades, turbine blades, liners, chutes, hoppers and feeders.
- Corrosion resistant structural parts and coatings. Parts and coatings requiring corrosion resistance such as turbine blades, jewelry, and any aesthetic trimming.
- Aesthetics. TiN has a metallic gold color making it desirable as a surface finish for jewelry and auomotive trim.
- Thermal Spray Process . Titanium nitride powders can be thermal sprayed to form hardface coatings on surfaces requiring increased corrosion resistance and wear resistance.
- Chemical/Physical Vapor Deposition (CVD/PVD). Titanium nitride coatings are deposited by CVD or PVD to provide high hardness and wear resistant surfaces.
- Powder Metallurgical (P/M). Titanium powder is pressed into a desired shape and ignited in a pure nitrogen atmosphere. The heat produced from the chemical reaction is sufficient to allow for sintering into a finished product.
- Molar Mass: 61.90 g/mol
- Density: 5.22 g/cm3
- Melting Point: 2930°C
- Hardness: 1800 Knoop
- Young's Modulus: 251 GPa
- Thermal Conductivity: 19.2 W/m·°C
- Appearance: bronze/gold powder