Tungsten Carbide Powder
We produce and stock customizable tungsten carbide (WC) powders providing extreme hardness, extreme wear resistance, high weldability, and low coefficient of friction surface finish.
Tungsten carbide, tungsten monocarbide, monotungsten monocarbide
- Wear surface (wear resistant) parts and coatings. Parts and coatings that undergo fretting, abrasion, cavitation, and particle erosion such as cutting tools, grinding tools, agricultural tools, and hardface coatings.
- Diamond Tool Matrix. Our ready to infiltrate or hot press cast tungsten carbide powders are used as the matrix powder to hold and support the diamond cutting tool. The holder permits optimum diamond exposure required for efficient tool performance.
- Thermal Spray Process . Tungsten carbide powders can be thermal sprayed to form hardface coatings on surfaces requiring increased wear resistance.
- Infiltration. Tungsten carbide, cast tungsten carbide, coarse tungsten metal, or powders are infiltrated with a liquid metal (e.g. copper-based alloy, bronze) to form the part. Our tungsten carbide powders have outstanding infiltration capabilities and wear characteristics allowing our customers to customize a competitive solution for increased service life and design flexibility.
- Powder Metallurgical (P/M). Tungsten carbide powders are pressed into parts through hot pressing and sintering.
- Plasma Transferred Arc (PTA) Welding. Due to the excellent weldability of tungsten carbide powder it is commonly applied to material through the PTA welding process.
- Dip Coatings. Coatings such as those found in electrodes, drilling tools, and parts involved with processing abrasive media are dip coated with tungsten carbide providing a surface finish with extreme hardness and wear resistance.
- Molar Mass: 195.86 g/mol
- Density: 15.63 g/cm3
- Melting Point: 2870°C
- Boiling Point: 6000°C
- Hardness: 1880 Knoop / 8.5-9 Mohs
- Vickers Hardness: 23.5 GPa / 2400VHN
- Young's Modulus: 668-714 GPa
- Poisson's Ratio: 0.24
- Thermal Conductivity: 84.2 W/m·°C
- Appearance: gray powder